Lesbi-honest • Part 2

You guys... I had so many childhood girl crushes I didn't know I was actually crushing on at the time.

I remember watching TV shows and movies in the frontroom with my family and there being girls and women that my eyes would be stuck on and I would legit be smiling like a pleb whenever they came up on screen.

Have any one of yous watched either one of these Atlantis films?



These two films were my favourites for so many reasons but let me not going into that because that would turn into a long ass essay. 

If you haven't heard of either of these Atlantis movies basically there's two characters I loved so much, the first character was Kida.



I actually still love her lol. The first time I watched Atlantis and saw Kida I was like "Oooooo" and stayed fixated on her whenever she was on the screen, I loved everything about her character, she was this confident, compassionate, spiritual Princess. I can admit that I watched both of these movies more than 10 times because of her. I would wonder what it would be like to be in the movie with her character and talk to her and be with her all the time lmao.

Then there was the beautiful Audrey from Atlantis... Mate mate mateee.



I was lowkey smitten, she was everything, I legit felt giddy when she came up on screen lmao. I would imagine what it would be like if I was in the films with her and we bonded over her teaching me a few mechanic skills (Her character is a mechanic) and hugged loads lolol. 

I would think about being more than friends with these girl characters (All of my girl crushes) but at the time I didn't know what being more than friends with a girl actually meant, I just thought that being more than friends with a girl was like having a super special friendship and I wanted it.

Omg and that film called The Road To El Dorado, 
Chel was so cute and confident but in a way I hadn't seen before which had me fixated on her mainly in one way, at the time my innocent self just saw it as I was just physically attracted to her.





Now that I'm grown, I'm looking at her thinking how is an animated woman sexy asf?

I had a few crushes on animated characters tbh... Okay maybe more than a few...

But I wasn't completely crazy, I did crush on real girls and women like Gabrielle Union, Tisha Campbell, Faith Evans, Brandy, Nia Long, Jazz Raycole, Kyla Pratt and Julia Roberts. I always felt a type of way when I watched them on TV or I heard them sing. The list of girl crushes could go on and on, but Ima chill.

There was something so captivating about girls and women, animated and real and it was never because I just found them pretty, it was more than that, it was their personalities, how they carried themselves, their voice, all of the above and then some and there was always something else I just couldn't put my finger on. I just adored females.

There were plenty of guy characters and actors whose personalities I loved and thought were good looking, but the most I thought was "I wish I could be friends with him." The word "friend" always came up when it came to guys, I was friendzoning them and half of them didn't even know I existed and the other half weren't even real lol.

The way I looked at girls and women was different to how I looked at guys, it felt more of something, it felt deeper. I actually never felt a type of way about boys until Year 4 and even then it wasn't that deep, I just thought he was the only boy in school who had a cute face. It's quite funny because I felt a type of way about alot of my close girl friends and a couple of the girls in the years above, but out of all the boys in my primary school only one looked nice to me, not saying the rest were hideous, it was that this one boy was the only one I looked more than any other boy before, did that make sense?

At the time I had never heard anythuan about girls liking girls, I didn't know it was a thing or even think to compare how I felt towards boys and girls. I just knew I liked girls alot and that was it.

My mum and dad didn't mention or entertain any of those "crush" talks with me because at my young age they didn't see it as an appropriate or important subject, which I get and tbh I wasn't even interested in talking about crushes in the school playground or any of that, I was more excited about eating everything in packed lunch. 

Even when I did think about girls and question myself, it was only for a second because I wasn't desperate to find out what was going on with me, I was quite content with putting it to the back of my head. I used to only know about girls and boys going together and the most I knew about that topic was that my parents were married and so and so were married... That's as far as my knowledge went...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lesbi-honest • Part 1

Songs I've overplayed.... With no regret.

Lesbi-honest • Part 3

Lesbi-honest • Part 4

Get To Know More About Me...