Songs I've overplayed.... With no regret.


So I've decided to do this random post about a selection of songs on my playlist that I currently have on loop. Once I hear a song that gives me butterflies, makes me feel content or hypes me I will to listen to it over and over again.  I appreciate the song more every time, I'll loop a song for a good month or two before I even consider listening to something new.

I'm quite stubborn... Sometimes very stubborn... Actually 90% of the time I'm very stubborn when it comes to listening to new music, (Also TV shows and movies). It's rare that someone recommends an artist or even just one song and I'm open to listen to it at that moment or that year.

I purposely avoid listening to what people recommended, because If I'm going to listen to something new, I will and not just because you've recommended it or it's popular. I have to be in the mood so I can interpret the song my way, in my own time. You have to be super special for me to be doing that lol.

I'm making it seem like I only listen to in-depth music in my room with dim lighting when I'm really in the mirror attempting to twerk to Rake It Up on repeat.


I've not read a playlist blog post yet, purely because I want to see how this goes without a template. I could list the songs then tell you why I like each song (Which could be long because I have more than 20 songs in mind) or I could organise them into the mood they put me in and expand on that, or I could just post the links to the songs and be done, who knows?

Actually I know now *Praises myself for making a decision within an hour because my annoying Libra arse is indecisive asf by default* I'm going to list the songs on my playlist that I currently have on loop and vaugly explain why they're being played more times in a day than I care to admit.

I listen to the majority of my music on the Deezer app, but I know not everyone uses it because everybody has their music app they prefer like itunes, Spotify, Soundcloud, Tidal etc. I can't keep up but if I mentioned a song that you want to listen to all you have to do is click the song title because they're all hyperlinked, you'll be directed straight to the song either on YouTube or Soundcloud.

The artists I have typed down are well-known, some of you guys might not know them.

Btw all the words in pink font are hyperlinks. I hope you enjoy my array of music.


Guess whose first on my list?😂 It's my Scorpio crush, SZA and her whole album Ctrl which has been on loop since it came out June this year. Oh my word, SZA's vocals are captivating. Guys, I'm inlove. I also binge watched her interviews and she seems so down to earth, quirky, intelligent and unapologetically herself. Can we all just take a minute to appreciate this gem?

I'm actually going to post every link under the Ctrl album cover for you to listen/buy if you want to but haven't already. Every single song on the album makes me feel a type of way, her vocals are unique asf and if you haven't experienced her music yet...


You should, so...
Ctrl on Deezer | Ctrl on Tidal | Ctrl on itunes | Ctrl on Spotify 
Ctrl on Soundcloud | Ctrl on Amazon | Ctrl on Google Play
You're welcome.

Wait, I'm not even done with SZA's music yet. Here's 6 more songs that are in the rotation:
2AM
Dram - Caretaker ft. SZA
Warm Winds ft. Isaiah Rashad
HiiiJack
Childs Play ft. Chance The Rapper
Maroon 5 - What Lovers Do ft. SZA

Okay, now onto the next artist... Okay, I lied... I have 1 one more song which was written by and features SZA. Consideration from Rihanna's latest album Anti. If you haven't heard it before, it actually isn't available on YouTube so I'm just going to have the hyperlink to the snippet on  Soundcloud. I'll be really shocked if someone hasn't though, it's one of the best songs from her album.

On the topic of my Pisces crush Rihanna, I might as well list the rest of her songs I currently have on repeat:
Needed Me
Get It Over With
Half of Me
Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary
Skin
Desperado

When I first heard Needed Me I was already hyped, but then the video came out. I honestly don't think I've ever had a music video on loop before. If I ever hear it in a club I would have 0 chill.


Erykah Badu is another Pisces crushes of mine. My mum used to play her Mama's Gun album a lot when I was younger, so now I randomly break into singing "Myy eyees are greeeen because I eat a lot of vegetables, it don't have nouthing to dooo with yourr new friieend". If you don't know the song, it is called Green Eyes (Soundcloud link). I love Green Eyes because it makes me feel super comforted with a slight hint of sadness, because I realise how time has flown by.

Green Eyes actually isn't one of the songs that I'm currently overplaying, On & On which is also on Mama's Gun is the song that's staying on repeat, another magical artist. Over 17 years later and I'm still inlove with this album.



Listening to Stormzy - Blinded By Your Grace ft. MNEK  once a day is mandatory. The first time I heard it... My chest. Nearly broke down crying. Actually no, wait I did drop a couple of tears, I wasn'the ready so I was triggered lol. Everytime I play it now, it triggers me but not to cry, it grounds me. Stormzy is excelling, I don't know him yet I'm sooo proud of him.

Oh, I'm most likely super late with this, but I started watching Colors on Youtube, which if you don't know is a channel where lit artists perform. This channel has kind of opened me up to wanting to listen to new artists... Just a little bit.

Anways I came across Iamddb and Little Simz and was instantly drawn in. Here are the videos I watched and am now listening to non-stop:

 



Ah this one song my brother played from Kendrick Lamar's latest album Damn had me taken aback when he told me whose song it was, I was like "seriously?! But this song makes me feel light and happy..."


The song is called LOVE  and the reason I was taken aback was because I'm used to hearing songs from him that have me feeling heavy. I never felt like the music I'd heard from him was something I would want to listen to whilst getting ready in the morning, tbh I didn't listen to alot of his music... I'd watched him perform at award shows and that was enough for me, I don't know how to describe his performances, other than powerful. I'd want to take a nap after watching him so that I could recover my thoughts.

So I've been watching this drama series called Star. I love this show because of all the songs they perform, their vocals mesh so well together and sound great individually and I've not heard one cringry song... Wait no there's one song Queen Latifah does which really disappointed me, but overall everything's lit and there are three songs from season one that I love which are:


Both Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu are geniuses. Is it crazy for my life goal to have Erykah Badu be my doula, like I want her to sing and talk to me, she is magical. Oops went off topic😂 Yeah these two women are incredible and the fact that they collaborated and create this visually and aurally empowering (Don't know if "aurally" is the correct term, correct me if im wrong please lol).
Janelle Monae - Q.U.E.E.N. ft. Erykah Badu


I feel like it's such an underrated song, I bet more than half of you haven't even heard of this song till right now😣 Tis a woke song. I hope these two Queens collaborate again.

Finally N.E.R.D - Lemon ft. Rihanna For some reason I didn't get super hyped about the song till I heard it a second time, then it had me soo gassed. This song is now basically in my head 24/7. I want it to be my theme tune wherever I go because I get a little annoyed when I want to play it but can't. It's playing in my head right now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lesbi-honest • Part 1

Lesbi-honest • Part 2

Lesbi-honest • Part 3

Lesbi-honest • Part 4

Get To Know More About Me...